Our stone building in the heart of Old Town Dayton has a past that is typical of the Old West. Built in 1860 of stone and timber, it has housed a variety of businesses; a mercantile, several pubs (including the historic Old Corner Bar), restaurants, an ice cream parlor and an auto repair shop.The building was purchased in by Jackolyn Behan and Jerry Massad in 2005. The restoration and expansion took more than 2 years. While the structure had great bones and personality it was in terrible condition. The interior was demolished and 1000 square feet of space was added to build a new kitchen, bathrooms and storage area. The six 12 foot entry doors are original, made of wood from old growth Tahoe basin pine and hauled to Dayton by wagon in the 1800’s. Js’ Bistro open those doors to diners in December of 2007.